The Maintenance Manager position will lead a multi-site team of maintenance associates, as well as supervise Area Maintenance Managers, and will ensure a safe working environment for all.
- Support the Operations team by working in a safe, customer-focused manner; and must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
- Develop and design innovative solutions to difficult problems, manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
- Handle multiple internal and externally sponsored projects and daily activities, manage to and meet deadlines, and develop & track plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
- Work with local site Safety department leadership to understand, implement, and audit safety programs. Ensure that all safety programs and procedures are followed.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and good working relationships with operations leadership.
- Facilitate technical and safety training, as well as help to develop professional development of departmental facilities associates.
- Mentor all maintenance associates by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond.
- Develop Maintenance department business plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
- Work with site Finance team to develop, set and track budgets.
- Participate in and support efficiency improvement Kaizen activities for the site, as well as the network when needed.
- Develop capital spending plans, facilitate cross-functional project planning and perform cost analysis.
- Own and promote excellent housekeeping.
- Participate in weekly network Maintenance calls and periodic Maintenance Manager offsite conferences.
- Candidates must have the ability to provide specific, enriched feedback to enhance individual performance, and provide associates with written performance appraisals including discipline and up to termination.
- 5+ years experience in the distribution or manufacturing field with equivalent experience in the mechanical or electrical field.
- A completed Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Ability to travel to various sites as needed.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Automated conveyors systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- CMMS programs
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical
- Industrial controls
- Industrial electronics
- Industrial PC literary
- Six Sigma Certification
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Ability to develop and maintain a partnership and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally with Safety, Operations, Engineering, Sr. Management, peers, contractors and vendors
- Ability to multitask and prioritize many different projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top