Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. We strive to predict the Customer's needs before they recognize they may need our support, create innovative self-help tools, and provide solutions with a mission to be "Earth's most customer-centric company".
The Facilities Manager will lead a team of facilities associates, as well as potentially supervise Facilities Area Managers, and will ensure a safe working environment for all.
- Support the Operations team by working in a safe, customer-focused manner; and must be highly self motivated and customer-centric.
- Develop and design innovative solutions to difficult problems, manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
- Handle multiple internal and externally sponsored projects and daily activities, manage to and meet deadlines, and develop & track plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
- Work with local site Safety department leadership to understand, implement, and audit safety programs. Ensure that all safety programs and procedures are followed.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and good working relationships with operations leadership.
- Facilitate technical and safety training, as well as help to develop professional development of departmental facilities associates.
- Mentor all facilities associates by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond.
- Develop Facilities department business plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
- Work with site Finance team to develop, set and track budgets.
- Participate in and support efficiency improvement Kaizen activities for the site, as well as the network when needed.
- Develop capital spending plans, facilitate cross-functional project planning and perform cost analysis.
- Own and promote excellent housekeeping.
- Participate in weekly network Facilities calls and periodic Facilities Manager offsite conferences.
- Candidates must have the ability to provide specific, enriched feedback to enhance individual performance, and provide associates with written performance appraisals including discipline and up to termination.
- 5+ years experience in the distribution or manufacturing field with equivalent experience in the mechanical or electrical field.
- A completed Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Ability to travel to various sites as needed.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Automated conveyors systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- CMMS programs
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical
- Industrial controls
- Industrial electronics
- Industrial PC literary
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high expectations
- Thinks big! Proficient data analyst and new processes developer/adapter
- Proven record of being a self-starter & driving goals with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Experienced in material handling equipment and large, complex integrated systems maintenance with strong statistical analysis skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with 3P maintenance providers
- Exposure to Lean Concepts, TOC, layout design, cost/benefit analysis, labor productivity analysis (time studies, standardized work), safety/ergonomic/human factors
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and SQL
- MBA or other Master's degree and/or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification a plus
- Professional Engineering registration a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top