Maintenance Area Manager
- Richmond, United Kingdom
Which of these options would you most value in your next job?
• Working in a team where talent and potential have more value than paper based qualifications
• Global opportunities to develop in role and choose long term career paths
• Working at the cutting edge of high speed automated logistics technology
• Finding and conquering emerging challenges as the company grows and scales rapidly
• Working in data driven environment where accuracy and clarity is prized above personal opinion
• Where support of colleagues is paramount and "Not my Job" is not in the vocabulary
Why choose? Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team and have them all. We maintain and optimize all technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network ranging from large, modern, purpose built warehouses utilizing robotics and high volume conveyance all the way through the value chain to small, high speed, delivery stations placed as close to our customers as possible.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Reliability Maintenance Engineering Area Manager is the line manager for a team of engineering technicians. They maintain the focus on safety by training, developing and coaching their team. They deliver a high level of equipment availability by ensuring all preventative maintenance is conducted and internal processes and procedures are followed.
• Lead, support and mentor the team by finding barriers that prevent them from working in a safe, standard and efficient manner. Work with the team and the wider network to harness the technical expertise available and build solutions.
• Support the Reliability Engineering Manager as they work with the site Safety department & Site Leadership to implement, record and audit safety and statutory compliance programs to provide a safe working environment for all staff.
• Implement network standards and focus on preventative maintenance to provide a high level of equipment availability to our internal customers.
• Ensure sufficient technical coverage is available for the shifts they own by managing and driving the training program for the team.
• Manage local projects or support EU level projects as assigned by the manager.
• Be prepared to work on shift to maintain a strong connection to the team and daily work.
• Significant practical engineering experience including a supervisory role managing people.
• A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) from an accredited university or 2+ years of experience in an Amazon engineering team.
• Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
• Experience of automated equipment including packaging machinery, sortation and conveyor systems.
• Excellent communications skills (written & verbal) in English and the local language.
• Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office, CAD).
• Full working knowledge of all specialized engineering and facilities equipment within the FC as well as maintenance and safety procedures.
• Experience working with PLC based control systems.
• Project Management experience.
• Knowledge of CMMS programs.
• Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Process.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Back to top