- Flexible / Remote
Amazon Web Services is looking for skilled and motivated Professional Services consultants to help accelerate our growing UK Public Sector. technology presents a real opportunity to transform service as well as increase operational efficiencies, and we need passionate, experienced consultants to help our customers realise those benefits.
Have you helped companies build new capabilities and drive savings by migrating mission-critical applications off of the mainframe? At AWS, we're hiring senior IT leaders in Professional Services Practice to help lead mainframe modernization and application refactoring engagements with UK Public Sector.
As a senior Consultant focusing on Mainframe Modernization, you will lead engagements from the proposal creation stage to project delivery planning. You will use your deep knowledge of the mainframe technologies and programming languages to analyze existing mainframe workloads and develop migration approaches, estimates, and action plans. To be successful in this role you must have prior experience with migrating and modernizing workloads from mainframe environments to UNIX/Linux systems or the Cloud. We are seeking outcome-driven and customer-obsessed experts who are passionate about:
• Engaging deeply with C-level executives to define and execute these enterprise-level transformation programs.
• Creating compelling business cases for the transition to the cloud by identifying motivators and drivers that unlock business value for our customers.
• Developing migration project proposals with a clearly articulated plan of action, effort estimates and delivery timelines.
• Developing strategic relationships with AWS technology and systems integrator partners focusing on Mainframe Modernization.
• Industry Expertise and market knowledge in UK Public Sector
• 10+ years of IT consulting / management experience, with demonstrable global scale cloud / digital / technology transformation experience in customer-facing roles
• Delivery responsibility and meeting of those targets
• Experience with working with multiple suppliers
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations
• Be mobile and travel to client locations as needed. Estimated 50-75% travel requirement.
• Security clearance is preferred, but not mandatory
• Understands the value proposition of the public cloud and has delivered cloud engagements (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
• AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Cloud Practitioner
Back to top