Mainframe Modernization Consultant
- Ottawa, Canada
Are you an IT Leader/Advisor who has experience on successful business-IT transformation initiatives? Have you helped companies build new capabilities and drive savings by migrating mission-critical applications off of the mainframe?
At Amazon Web Services, we're hiring enterprise IT Leaders to work with our Canadian Public Sector customers and their partners in rebuilding business-critical legacy applications to fully leverage the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. These IT leaders will lead mainframe modernization and application refactoring engagements with our Public Sector Customers and Partners.
As a Consultant focusing on Mainframe Modernization, you will lead engagements from the proposal creation stage to project delivery planning. You will use your deep knowledge of the mainframe technologies and programming languages to analyze existing mainframe workloads and develop migration approaches, estimates, and action plans. To be successful in this role you must have prior experience with migrating and modernizing workloads from mainframe environments to UNIX/Linux systems or the Cloud. We are seeking outcome-driven and customer-obsessed experts who are passionate about:
• Engaging deeply with C-level executives to define and execute these enterprise-level transformation programs.
• Creating compelling business cases for the transition to the cloud by identifying motivators and drivers that unlock business value for our customers.
• Developing migration project proposals with a clearly articulated plan of action, effort estimates and delivery timelines.
• Developing strategic relationships with AWS technology and systems integrator partners focusing on Mainframe Modernization.
• Prior experience with leading mainframe application modernization initiatives.
• Familiar with major Mainframe migration and modernization tools in the industry.
• Knowledge of cloud migrations approaches and patterns.
• 10+ years of experience designing architectures and solutions for mission-critical, large-scale transaction processing and batch applications on Mainframe systems.
• Knowledge of JCL and one or more programming languages such as COBOL, PL/I and Assembler.
• Experience with one target application modernization programming language (i.e. Java, Python).
• Knowledge of IBM middleware such as CICS, DB2, IMS DB, IMS DC , VSAM, and Adabas/Natural.
• Written and Spoken Fluency in English
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience in leading the assessment, discovery and planning phases of mainframe migration projects.
• Experience with mainframe data migration, and with integrating distributed systems applications with applications on the mainframe.
• Experience with one modern application framework (Spring, Angular, React, Vue).
• Experience with tools for mainframe code analysis, code re-hosting or emulation.
• Work experience with Public Sector Customers.
• Knowledge of cloud computing technologies.
• Written and Spoken Fluency in French
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top