Machine Translation Localization Engineer Manager
Amazon is looking for a passionate and talented language technologies engineering manager with background in Machine Translation (MT) and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP), to help us scale our industry-leading MT and NLP technology.
Our mission is to enable superior experience for all of Amazon's customers in their native languages by developing and deploying state-of-the art technology and applications in Machine Translation (MT), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML).
As the manager of our MT system development team, you will lead the team responsible for developing, deploying, maintaining and supporting our platform fleet of Machine Translation systems that serve our various Amazon teams and clients. Your work will directly impact millions of our customers in the form of products and services that make use of our MT and NLP technology. You will gain hands on experience with Amazon's heterogeneous language data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in MT and NLP.
- Own and oversee the overall system development life cycle of our fleet of Machine Translation systems
- Manage and execute MT development and implementation project plans and delivery commitments to our customers
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team of MT localization engineers
- Supervise design and architecture decisions by the team and ensure that these meet the goals and vision of the organization
- Manage team resources, and lead hiring, mentoring, and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Report on status of system development, delivery of implementation projects, quality, operations, and other performance metrics to management
- Coordinate and support the integration and testing of MT technology improvements developed by the Amazon MT research team.
- BS in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Language Technologies, Linguistics, or in another data engineering field.
- 3+ years of experience in managing a software development or systems engineering team within an enterprise or research setting
- Experience working on data-intensive Natural Language Processing technology systems or similar systems.
- Strong implementation skills in Java (or other high-level programming language) as well as Python or similar scripting languages.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- MS in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Language Technologies, Linguistics, or in another data engineering field.
- Experience working on multilingual NLP problems, such as machine translation.
- Experience in complex software system development project management and delivery of such projects under strict deadlines
- Formal or informal knowledge in linguistics and/or foreign languages
- Experience/ familiarity with general machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in development of large-scale NLP systems in a large industrial or government environment
- Solid software development experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top