Machine Learning SDE | Fashion Tech
- Palo Alto, CA
Are you excited by Machine Learning, Fashion Retail, Big Data and Search? Join our team as a Software Development Engineer to drive the future of that intersection for Amazon.
We are the Amazon Fashion Discovery team-we help Amazon retail customers discover the perfect item of clothing, shoes, jewelry or luggage which matches what they're searching for. Our team trains, evaluates and deploys the machine learning (ML) models that chooses the ordering of Amazon's search results for these products. A small change in our Search ranking algorithms can have a massive effect to Amazon's business-everyone on the team is involved in that work, and everyone has the opportunity to make a huge impact. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team, working with Applied Scientists, Product Management, and other Software Engineers. You will work hands-on with our end-to-end ML pipeline to improve and develop new search ranking models and algorithms. We are also expanding our charter into new areas, and looking for self-driven leaders to step-up and broaden their scope and influence by leading new partnerships with other teams across Amazon Fashion and Amazon Search.
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate & build for the benefit of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most loved brands - it is part of our company DNA. Amazon challenges are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and countless products across the globe. Our path is not always easy so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on software development challenges at Amazon - someone excited by the idea creating new platforms, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this is you, come build the future with us.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services.
• Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
• Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at scale and speed.
• Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• 3+ years experience in a professional software engineering role.
• Knowledge and demonstrated professional application of: data structures, algorithms, creating well-structured maintainable code, service-oriented architecture, software development lifecycle, build and deployment processes, task management, debugging and operational support.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Track of record of leading other engineers to deliver cross-functional systems and programs.
• 5+ years experience in a professional software engineering role.
• Hands-on professional experience with the end-to-end Machine Learning lifecycle.
• Deep experience with Apache Spark and Scala.
Back to top