Machine Learning SDE
- Seattle, WA
Want to change the way people watch TV? The Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to offer customers the widest selection of digital video content and make it trivially easy for them to enjoy it wherever, whenever, and however they want. Within the Prime Video team, the Title Display Experience team relentlessly obsesses over simplifying a customer's viewing decision by presenting the most accurate and most relevant title information to them.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is results-oriented, data driven, innovative and passionate at creating new comprehensive customer engagement services/solutions. You'll work on technologies such as such as GraphQL, Java, Spring and AWS to build the world's most innovative customer experience solutions. You will have significant influence on our overall product strategy and overall architecture of the video-on-demand catalog systems that source and generate title information using ML and digital video understanding, including Prime Video's first catalog experimentation platform. In partnership with your team, you will be responsible for changing the way our customers discover and choose movies in Prime Video.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
• Experience with speech and language understanding systems
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Back to top