Machine Learning Scientist
Have you ever wanted to work on machine learning challenges that will make a lasting impact on society and solve key problems that impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers? Do you like to own and solve complex, ambiguous, and hard problems? We are looking for brilliant Machine Learning Scientists who have the passion to tackle tough problems to help inform a new product from the very early stages. Together with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers, economists, product managers, and subject domain experts you will work on building a product with machine learning at its core. You will define the research and experiment strategy with an iterative approach to create machine learning models and progressively improve the results over time. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced environments and want to invent the future.
- PhD in machine learning (or in a highly related area) or equivalent experience
- Practical experience in applying fundamental machine learning algorithms to solve complex problems
- Experience with modifying standard algorithms (e.g. changing objectives, working-out the math, implementing and scaling)
- 3+ years in one or more major programming languages (Python, Java, C++, C, Perl/Ruby, etc.)
- At least 1 year of industry or postdoctoral experience with machine learning
- Previous experience solving business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms in a fast paced environment
- Experience in building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to machine learning
- Experience with developing prototypes by manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Solid background in statistical learning techniques
- Eager to learn new algorithms, to keep up-to-date with literature, explore new application areas and new tools
- Experience in the real-time processing of high-velocity time series data
- Experience working with big data and relevant techniques, e.g. unsupervised learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to clearly articulate rigorous technical concepts and considerations to non-experts
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with sequential data modelling, time-series analysis, signal decomposition, deep learning, and multi-modal learning algorithms
- Track-record of novel algorithm development, e.g. publications in one or more of the following: KDD, NIPS, SIGIR, ICML, etc.
- Ability to work both independently on ambiguous problems and in highly collaborative team environments
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top