Machine Learning Scientist
Do you want to join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning and statistical techniques to keep Amazon the safest and most trusted place to shop online? Do you want to build advanced algorithmic systems that help manage the trust and safety of millions of transactions every day? Are you excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling terabytes of data and create state-of-art algorithms to solve real world problems? Do you like to own end-to-end business problems/metrics and directly impact the profitability of the company? Do you like to innovate and simplify? If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Amazon Transaction Risk Management Systems group.
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create scalable risk management systems
- · Analyzing and understanding large amounts of Amazon's historical business data for specific instances of risk or broader risk trends
- · Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for risk management
- · Working closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
- · Working closely with operations staff to optimize risk management operations,
- · Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- · Tracking general business activity and providing clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- · Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- PhD/MS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operational Research or in a highly quantitative field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis using R, SAS or Matlab.
- Experience in designing and implementing modeling platforms and frameworks collaborating with engineering teams.
- Expertise in prototyping and scripting languages (R, Perl or Python) with applications of efficient large-scale data analysis in a complicated system.
- Experience in mentoring/coaching an analytics team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and solve problems.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advance SQL skills.
- Experience with graph mining of networks.
- Experience building and delivering complex systems that leverage the technology platform and integrate with other company systems.
- Experience with data engineers or business analysts in Big Data analytics.
- A good understanding of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity.
- Application development in Java or C++.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top