Machine Learning Scientist
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated, and friendly work environment.
The Connections team focuses on the application of microeconometric and machine learning methods designed to enable Amazon to attract, retain, and develop the world's most effective workforce. All of this work is performed in close coordination with senior business leaders. These are exciting fast-paced businesses in which we get to work on extremely interesting analytical problems, in an environment where you get to learn from other experienced scientists and apply econometrics, statistics, and machine learning at massive scale.
As a member of Connections you will partner closely with a team of Economists, Research Scientists, Business Intelligence and Software Engineers.
In this role you will:
- Build and operationalize analytical models
- Perform model refreshes or updates to analyses as needed
- Work collaboratively with Economists and Research Scientists to assist in the design and implementation of analysis to answer challenging HR questions
- Interpret and communicate results to outside customers
- Aggregate and analyze data pulled from disparate sources (HR, Finance or other business systems) and related industry and external benchmarks; provide insights and a point of view on analysis and recommendations
- Assist in the design and delivery of automated, scalable analytical models to stakeholders
- Report results in a manner which is both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Operations Research, Computational Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field and at least two years of work experience
- Experience designing analytic or algorithmic solutions to business or operational problems
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Ability to clean, transform, and merge data in a procedural language like Python or R
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Operations Research, Computational Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field and at least two years of work experience
- Strong background in big-data workflows and infrastructure implementation
- Strong background in statistical methodology with applications to business problems
- Experience developing software in traditional programming languages (Python, C++, Java, etc..)
- Applicants with more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged to apply
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top