Machine Learning Applied Scientist
- Berlin, Germany
Customer Reviews, Deals and Content Moderation are community driven experiences that are key to the Amazon experience worldwide. Join the applied research team in Berlin, Germany supporting Community Shopping and driving the customer experience for these important programs.
The problems are real, with tangible customer impact. The work sits at the intersection of research and engineering, driving better quality in our reviews corpus, ensuring appropriate content across customer-submitted content at massive scale. You will partner closely with our engineering teams to develop novel algorithms, present your work to product and engineering teams at Amazon, publish scientific papers and apply for patents for your inventions.
We are an applied research group in Berlin, Germany creating novel solutions in collaboration with product and engineering teams at the core of some of Amazon's biggest and most engaged systems. If that sounds interesting for you and if you would like to live in one of the most exciting places of the world, then we have the perfect role for you. We have open Applied Scientist positions for all levels of experience and this is what we are looking for:
• Design, implement and evaluate novel ML algorithms
• Work on large-scale datasets, creating scalable, robust and accurate models
• Collaborate closely with engineers to drive systems from prototyping to production level
• Collaborate with teams spread all around the world
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in machine learning and statistics
• Knowledge in modeling using probabilistic methods or optimization
• Coding skills in one or more programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java, C, C++
• Working knowledge in SQL and Big data
• Proven track record of successful models and practical implementation
• Hands-on experience with popular ML frameworks such as Scikit-Learn or Tensorflow
• Knowledge in econometrics and causal inference is a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with application development practices at scale, from problem definition to deployment.
• Ability to work independently and in a team, understand business requirements and make the right trade-offs
• Familiarity with AWS services such as SageMaker is considered a plus
Amazon Science (www.amazon.science) gives you insight into the company's approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It's the company's ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/internal/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top