Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Logistics Specialist Intern to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team. We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team and are looking for college students with high-potential to support our procurement and supply chain operations. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to multitask and operate in a very fast paced complex environment, meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
Amazon has multiple Logistics Specialist Intern openings and are looking for candidates that will be graduating between December 2020-June 2021 in a relevant Technical Field.
Responsibilities can include manual tasks such as; assembling, addressing, stamping and arranging for the shipment of merchandise and materials. They may also assist in daily scheduling of deliveries and pick-ups to and from production locations. In handling incoming shipments, he or she may have to unpack boxes and verify contents. The Logistic Specialist Intern will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company.
Physical Requirements: All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds unassisted; and participate in group lifts for 36 pounds or more.
• Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances.
• Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs).
• Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance.
• Push or pull heavy objects into position
• In pursuit of obtaining a Technical or Associates Degree within a relevant Technical Field.
• Have and maintain a GPA above a 3.0.
• Meet the physical requirements with reasonable accommodations.
Able to read and take direction in English. • Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role. • Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity.