Logistics Specialist, Data Centre
- Sydney, Australia
Do you want to be part of operating the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure operation?
Logistics specialists play a vital role in the success of Amazon Web Services by providing the right part, in the right place at the right time.
Your contribution to this success would be maintaining the onsite parts room in AWS Data Centres, by managing the custody of computer hardware through their entire lifecycle. This involves receiving parts, safely storing parts, picking and delivering parts to hardware technicians, cycle counts, and shipping faulty hardware back to the vendor.
You will work closely with Data Centre Operations and Engineering teams to ensure reliable functioning and repair activities to support our customers, while adhering to our operational tenants of safety, security and availability.
• Maintaining inventory levels to ensure that stock items are available to support build and repair activities.
• Receiving parts, checking shipments and issuing parts as needed for internal customers.
• Loading and unloading shipments and transporting parts between different sites.
• Maintaining accurate stock records for all items within our care.
• Maintaining the cleanliness, organisation, and safety of all workspaces using 5S principles.
• Current NSW driver's license.
• The ability to work on-call rotation as required.
• The ability to meet the physical and environmental demands of the role.
• Experience working in a warehouse or distribution environment and using computer-based inventory control systems.
• Forklift license.
• Demonstrated positive work attitude & leadership skills and commitment to a culture of safety.
• Experience handling sensitive items or stock presentation.
• Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Physical / Environmental Demands
• Reach and stretch to position equipment and parts while maintaining balance.
• Move objects of up to 16 kg into position and participate in group lifts of 20 kg or more, using manual handling equipment.
• Working in a warehouse or office environment around others where appropriate PPE will be provided and required.
• The role will require some travel between sites to successfully complete tasks. Own transport to travel between sites will be required, all fuel costs will be reimbursed.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top