Be a part of operating the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon Web Services is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Datacenter Logistics Associate positions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
Under supervision of Operations leads, Logistics Associates monitor inventory levels to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained to support build and repair activities. They receive parts, maintain inventory, check-out parts as needed to Datacenter Technicians and Engineers, and pull parts for daily deliveries. They will also be responsible for loading and unloading shipments and transporting parts between different locations. This position involves frequent lifting of materials and products. Logistic Associates will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company. They must also maintain the cleanliness, organization, and safety of all workspaces.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a warehouse or distribution environment, as well as experience and knowledge of reverse logistics processes. Experience handling vendor relationships is helpful. Must be knowledgeable and have experience with inventory control methodology, cycle counts, and Inventory/Warehouse Management Systems.
Physical / Environmental Demands
- Requires standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Typically work is in an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate.
- Occasionally work is in a warehouse environment where the noise level is loud.
- Occasionally assist in loading and unloading shipments.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme cold or hot weather
- Work with and/or around moving mechanical parts
- Noise level varies and can be loud
- Temperature between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Be able to pass DMV Background check to operate company vehicles
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Inventory Management experience
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Able to read and take direction in English
- Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances
- May participate in group lifts of 50 pounds or more.
- Willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Regularly walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
- Work in a noisy environment
- 1 year of Logistics background
Demonstrated positive work attitude & leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform above minimum for extended periods of time
- Commitment to a culture of safety
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top