Logistics Shift Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
For our busy Delivery Stations, we're seeking an organised Operations Shift Manager to come and make their mark in Sydney. These fast-moving facilities sit at the heart of Amazon's rapidly growing Operations network, and are where we manage our fast-moving inventory. In each Delivery, our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
We're looking for committed team players to embrace this role: you'll support the Operations leadership team, in the daily management of a pivotal delivery station. This will involve leading meetings, assigning work and communicating with both internal and external suppliers. Moreover, you'll oversee smooth delivery processes throughout your site: this will directly relate to positive end-user customer experience and satisfaction. While you achieve this, you'll help your team identify innovative ways to improve how we work.
• To this end, you'll also help drive implementation, while keeping fundamental KPIs front of mind: delivery on time, first time delivery success and enhancing customer service are just a few examples.
• We'll need you to think analytically about project management, apply your attention-to-detail at every stage, while pursuing greater process efficiency wherever you can.
• On top of all of this, you'll need to maintain a passion for smart metrics management: this will help you to dive deep (one of our Leadership Principles), rapidly identify root causes, and drive overall improvement as part of the process.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Engineering, Logistics, Operations or a related field,
• Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities in fast-paced environment,
• A troubleshooting approach: you're able to manage information, identify any root causes of potential obstacles and then extract and manipulate any data as may be necessary,
• Demonstrable track record of taking Ownership: you've delivered projects within scope, according to agreed upon timeframes, to budget,
• You've previously gained significant experience of leading a team in a fast-paced and process-driven Operations or Logistics environment,
• You're an excellent communicator with fluent English (both verbal and written); you're also able to liaise confidently with varying levels of seniority in a large organisation.
• You're willing and able to work flexible shifts, including night-time, out of hours, and weekend shifts.
Previous experience as a manager in a distribution center or logistics warehouse is a nice to have.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top