Logistics Global Process Owner - AWS Operations
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Infrastructure Operations organization is looking for an extraordinary individual with a progressive career history as a global process owner of our Logistics function. The ideal candidate will need a wide-ranging background, as success in this role will require a candidate to have a contextual understanding of IT infrastructure and proven and tested experience with building physical data-center. The ideal candidate should have project management, engineering, and organizational skills to operate as a global process owner, and have extensive experience driving commonality and consistency within this type of function. This includes but not limited to leading, coordinating, communicating and executing against a group driven plan that includes process design for critical core functions such as; Receiving, Put-away, Replenishment, Picking, Transfer of Assets,
The Global Process Owner will be responsible for driving large-scale global projects and initiatives, lead cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a new features, service, product, or system. You will gather business requirements, document functional and design specifications, identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team, assign individual responsibilities, and develop the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project. You will contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. You rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables.
In this role you will be challenged by the environment, your peers, and your customers, it will take a seasoned data center professional with experience interfacing with senior leadership to excel in this position. To be a qualified candidate for this role you must also have experience operating in large-scale data centers and demonstrate the ability to think broadly and strategically.
Expect to travel globally where and when needed to manage and/or support initiatives of the teams you will support.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience, think and act globally and want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon.com data centers. This may be the challenge you've been looking for.
Operational excellence of Amazon.com data centers. This may be the challenge you've been looking for.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the Logistics / Supply Chain space
- Minimum 5 years of experience driving large scale enterprise data center customization projects or similar work.
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Project Management
- Establish Process and Governance Structure fit-for-purpose
- Ensuring there is optimal fit between people, process, technology (tools) and Steering (road map to end state)
- Ensuring proper Key Performance Indicators are set and measured to determine the impact of process changes
- Ability to identify the Analytic needs of this space and be able to communicate those to a Business Analytics team for creation.
- Ability to understand Leading Indicator data sets / Lagging data sets (output metrics)
- Integrating the Process into the line organization – process compliance
- The ability to create appropriate mechanism that allow you to stay imminently connected to the on-ground challenges of regional operational teams and front line managers
- Establish regular communicate cadence for senior management on process progress and performance issues
- Writes clear and detailed functional specifications for eventual software development needs
- Makes optimal trade-offs between schedule, resources, and scope, and applies advanced technical and business knowledge to address major risks, challenges, and obstacles.
- Anticipates, identifies and drives resolution of technical challenges and inter-dependencies to prevent downstream problems.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the Logistics / Supply Chain space
- Minimum 10 years of experience driving large scale enterprise data center customization projects or similar work.
- Continuous Improvement Certifications such as Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, or PMP
- Knowledge of Data Center Facilities Infrastructure (power & cooling)Working knowledge of enterprise ticketing system
- Project management, organization and problem solving skills with a drive for results and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Fundamental understanding of Data Center IT Infrastructure
- Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies installation and design
- Process development and improvement skills.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top