Localization Instructional Designer - Australia
Localization Instructional Designer - AU
Are you People Obsessed, passionate about growing resilient, bar-raising talent that evolves with business needs? Fearless? Not afraid to ask audacious questions to ignite potential? The Amazon Seller Support Learning Experience team is the place for you!
The Seller Support business and its many thousands of global contact center Associates are critical to the success of several Amazon services including Marketplace, Fulfillment by Amazon, Global Selling, and B2B. We enable Sellers large and small to delight customers in unexpected ways, helping them build their businesses, and compete across the globe.
We cannot support our Sellers without first engaging our Associates. We believe every employee interaction builds trust, increases performance and drives engagement to enable extraordinary Seller experiences. To be effective these Associates need to be trained with materials localized for the marketplace of the Sellers they support. We're looking for a Localization Instructional Designer who can help make this happen.
Engage. Scale. Amplify.
The Learning Experience team is responsible for the training materials used during some of the first interactions Associates have with Amazon, and the team continues to engage, support and develop associates throughout the entirety of their Amazon lifecycle. Learning Experience team members know how to create content based on current adult learning best practices and how to communicate a training philosophy and vision that will affect change through engaged leadership. They understand the future direction of the business and adapt the training development strategy accordingly. They collaborate with the training delivery teams to generate innovative solutions to challenging business problems. And they champion the voice of the Associates to shape our business on behalf of our Sellers.
We cannot act alone to improve the Associate and Seller experience. The Localization Instructional Designer proactively aligns stakeholders, capabilities, and resources to achieve complex objectives quickly. They display a strong customer focus and ability to effectively build relationships, earn trust, and establish credibility. They cultivate strong partnerships across the organization to ensure we are balancing Associate, Seller and Amazon needs. They are a strong communicator cross-functionally, cross-culturally, and across levels. They work closely with all those who rely on training content that is accurate and appropriate for the target audience.
The Localization Instructional Designer is committed to fostering a positive team environment where challenge is expected and fearlessness is celebrated. Our bar is high; we don't suffer mediocrity. The Localization ID feels a great deal of ownership, strives to make themselves better, and can bring out the very best in their peers and their team.
The Localization Instructional Designer position will be responsible for the localization of our training materials– eLearning, ILT, VILT, and blended. This will include adapting existing training content to make it relevant for global audiences, while ensuring that it is accurate and culturally appropriate for the target locale. In some cases it means translating the content into a target language. The role also requires developing training materials for new hires and specialty teams, creating assessments, surveys, quizzes, and other methods to evaluate the effectiveness of training and assess learning and skill development. The individual in this role will also partner with program management team members and subject matter experts for new launch and program training initiatives and will lead the localization work required for training and program success.
Core Roles and Responsibilities.
- Review training materials and localize the processes and procedures specific for Australia
- Partner with program managers to scope program needs, training, and language differences for operating units and audiences in Australia
- Adapt existing learning content to make it relevant for new target audiences
- Conduct program discovery sessions with stakeholders and subject matter experts including necessary front-end analysis to clearly define program and training outcomes, solutions, and success measures
- Manage stakeholder interaction in order to foster strong working relationships
- Present the content to trainers in train-the-trainer sessions
- Additional Roles and Responsibilities.
- Manage and maintain training content in the Learning Management System and other online repositories
- Design and develop: instructor guides, participant materials, job aids, learner assessments, and other training related content for self-paced, instructor-led, virtual, eLearning or blended training programs.
- Ability to gather and analyze data from training experiences in order to design learning programs that produce measurable business results
- Excellent Australian English conversational and business language skills
- Location requirement: Must be able to work from our Seattle, WA or Sydney, Australia location
- Demonstrated experience in an instructional design role
- Expertise in designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training
- Demonstrated experience developing eLearning courseware, performance support aids, online tutorials and/or other training materials
- Demonstrated experience developing training content to current adult learning standards
- Expertise in development eLearning tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Flash
- Demonstrated experience facilitating train-the-trainer programs and coaching trainers
- Excellent communication and editing skills for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development, including superior skill in explaining technical topics to novices and collaborating with subject matter experts and managers
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills
- A passion for creating effective oral and visual communication
- Ability to design solutions that use multiple learning methods and link appropriate methods with subject matter
- Bachelor's degree or significant college course work, preferably in a communication, education or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years tenure in learning & development roles in a fast-paced corporate environment
- CPLP or other learning/training certification a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top