Live Streaming - Software Development Manager (Prime Video)
- Hyderabad, India
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started. The Live Monitoring team is a new team who's mission is to build and deliver scalable systems that would enable Prime Video to monitor live video A/V quality and identify and flag key customer facing issues.
We are seeking a talented Software Development Manager to grow and develop a team of passionate engineers to build and and deliver the Live Playback streaming and monitoring platform. As an SDM, you will get to work on a lot of established as well as green field AWS technologies and design large scale backend systems from scratch. You will also be exposed to industry leading encoding technologies such as 4K/HDR/Atmos and gain a deep understanding of Prime Video's Live workflows.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. You will look at problems holistically, beyond the borders of your team, and thrive on solutions that require thinking at multiple levels, from strategic to business tactical to system goals to specific interfaces. You don't shrink from the spotlight, able to coordinate cross-org meetings, field difficult questions, and create positive collaborative outcomes. You are adept at reading code and writing documents for an executive audience. You ensure solutions are reliable, scalable, and secure.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact both the customer and partner experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products that will be used every day by people you know, and influence industry and industry standards. No matter what the role, we're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
What you'll do:
• Manage and grow a team of software engineers, including their projects, performance, and career growth
• Clearly communicate project roadmaps with your team, management, and principal stakeholders
• Work with peer managers to determine scope and estimate development effort
• Lead systems design, architecture, and scaling discussions
• Influence and adopt industry standards
• Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction, and diplomacy
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in building live streaming or multimedia playback technologies.
• Working knowledge on live video streaming protocols is desired.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Team player who thrives on working hard, getting stuff done, and having fun!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top