Live Ops/Sports Support Engineer
- Rogers, AR
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive selection of high-quality media for live streaming and download. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and low operating costs which translate into affordable prices for our customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, whether we're on the road, cramped in an airplane seat, or enjoying a show from the comfort of the living room sofa.
In addition to movies and television VOD, Prime Video delivers thousands of live events, including many sports leagues (NFL, EPL, US Open, ATP, AVP, PGA, MLB, and NBA) to living room and OTT devices, Windows and MacOS PCs, phones, tablets, gaming consoles, and smart TVs. Today, we serve customers all around the world, and we aspire to grow- a lot.
The Live Operations team delivers consistent, elite customer experiences which "just work" for everyday consumers. We build reliable, high performance live experiences, and we take ownership of the end-to-end live streaming experience- from the venue, through our encoding and delivery platform, out through PV's client applications. Our team makes a big impact because nothing is more important to us than pleasing our customers, continually earning their trust, and thinking long term. If you crave a sense of ownership, this is the place to be.
Our Live Operations team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hard-working and operationally focused Support Engineer to support the fast evolving and expanding video eco-system behind PV's live events. You will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems, analyzing and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. The role encompasses providing production ticket support (tier-3 support, escalations to engineering teams) for multiple products and platforms, engineering development and testing support, and monitoring the health of PV's live streaming pipeline to execute the successful delivery of live events to our customers.
The Live Operations charter is to setup and coordinate the execution of live events. Many live events take place after regular working hours and on weekends. Candidate should understand the day-to-day job expectations before agreeing to work on this team.
Key job functions
• Execute multiple live streaming events concurrently; be the sole owner of many tier-1 live events for our customers making sure they have the highest quality experience
• Work with senior engineers and other teams on high-severity, active support issues, prioritizing mitigation while investigating root-cause fixes
• Understand high-level technical aspects of streaming video systems and services
• Work on live video operations and maintenance, driving efficiency improvements through automation
• Live event system and support reporting
• Customer notification and workflow co-ordination with follow-up to maintain service level agreements
• Creating and maintaining team specific knowledge-base articles and operational and training documentation
• Experience scripting in modern programming languages
• 1+ year of development or technical support experience
• Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
• 3+ years overall development/technical support experience, ticket creation and escalation
• 1+ years streaming video delivery experience, and understanding of encoding and transcoding technologies
• 1+ years of technical operations experience, including support and incident management, operations monitoring, process improvements, and metrics reporting
• Fundamental knowledge of AWS technologies, and networking concepts
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues. You're a natural problem solver!
• Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence and efficiency
• Experience with on-site, live video production or master control facility
• Experience in a technical customer support role
• Experience in a technical QA role
• Experience working in live sports
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top