Live Low Latency - Software Development Engineer (Prime Video)
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television and providing Prime Video Live customers with an extra low latency streaming experience!? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help build a world-class Live streaming platform.
The team is chartered to design large scale systems to power the Prime Video viewed by a massive audience daily, and you will help bring customers streaming video view experience to a new level. You will be responsible for integration the Sye platform into Prime Video to provide customers with a Low latency live streaming experience. You will develop the service to run on Amazon's cloud computing infrastructure (AWS) and have opportunities to interact with teams inside and outside the organization, plus to work on a variety of video devices such as the Kindle Fire, Fire TV, Fire phone, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs, BD Players, set-top-boxes, and mobile devices.
You will need to have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, a high level of creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and movies.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 1+ years of product development experience in consumer-focused companies
• Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
• Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems, that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Working knowledge of video streaming protocol
• Working network knowledge, including TCP/IP and UDP
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top