Linux System Engineer -Security Clearance Required
- Seattle, WA
*Note:This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. This is a requirement of the role. Only applicants meeting this qualification will be considered.
AWS is seeking System Engineers to join our Herndon, VA Seattle, WA and Denver, CO offices. We're recruiting engineers who are focused on operational excellence, enjoy troubleshooting complex issues, and are customer obsessed. To succeed in this role, you'll need to be experienced in:
• Linux OS
• Command Line Interface
• Networking Fundamentals
• Any 2+ scripting languages
• Knowledge of Cloud Operations
Process Overview: This role is immediately available and interviewing virtually. All new employees are beginning work virtually for the time being, but upon return to normal circumstances will be expected to work daily in our downtown Denver office. Individuals holding the required level of Security Clearance will experience the below interview stages:
• Recruiter Info call: The team's recruiter will set up a brief call to provide you information on AWS's Cleared Division, verify you meet all the role's Basic Qualifications, review the org. that is hiring as well as the team.
• Hiring Manager Review: All resumes undergo a checks and balances process by the team's Manager for final approval before the official interview process begins.
• First Round Technical Phone Interview: Lasting approximately one hour in duration and covering technical competencies in-depth. This Phone Interview is conducted by one of the hiring team's engineers who will be able to answer additional questions about the day to day of the role and their experience working at Amazon on this team.
• "In-Person" Interview: If selected to move forward following Phone Interview, the next step in our process (typically an in-office interview) will be conducted virtually via Amazon video conferencing system. This interview is broken up into 1 hour segments offering 1:1 discussion with a team-specific interviewer as well as the Manager of the position. The number of interviewers differs but a reasonable expectation would be to meet with 4-5 different individuals for an hour each. Given current virtual setup - scheduling accommodations can be made including breakup of interview segments and breaks throughout the interview day as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
• 3+ years Linux experience and associated tools/languages
• 1+ year professional experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
• 1+ year experience in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
• Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
• Experience managing large server fleets
• Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top