The Region Services Platform Engineering Team is looking for an experienced Linux DevOps Manager with a strong Linux-focused infrastructure and operational background. Our mission is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our customers in support of the Amazon Dedicated Cloud for U.S. Government customers. The ideal candidate will be expected to lead teams that design, build, deploy, operate, sustain, and grow the software systems that build, scale, monitor, secure, manage, and automate one of world's largest networks for some of the world's most special customers.
Our mission is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our internal customers across the global enterprise. This leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. A successful DevOps Manager will drive the development, deployment, and operations of new and existing services; find ways to improve and automate our services, and provide mentoring for junior team members. The right candidate for this position has a strong and diverse technical background that allows them to approach any problem with confidence and ingenuity. This opportunity is ideal if you are a technical, detail-oriented leader who can build and grow teams; excel at hiring and developing both systems level and application level engineers.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and either hold, or be eligible to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
This position available onsite at Herndon, VA., Arlington, VA., Denver, CO., Seattle, WA., and Maryland. Some sites may offer partial remote work.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Denver, CO: This position starts at $110,600 - 160,000 annual base salary. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• 8+ years people management experience, particularly leading Systems and DevOps teams responsible for delivering code or automation with in-depth problem solving.
• 5+ years of relevant development experience.
• 5+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of systems engineering and automation, including design and architecture.
• 5+ years development experience building scripts, tooling, and automation experience in one or more of the following: (Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell, Powershell).
• Experience with Linux / UNIX supporting 24x7 production environments.
• Flexibility, ability to think on your feet, and strong problem solving skills
• Demonstrated track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable
• 2+ years previous experience implementing and configuring products and technology to solve customer problems
• Strong problem solving skills ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action with sustainable solution