Legal Counsel - Retail
- Manchester, United Kingdom
Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. We strive to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. Like everyone at Amazon, we're passionate about our customers.
We are looking for a talented lawyer to support our rapidly growing Amazon Retail and Consumer businesses in Paris, France. You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for advising the business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Outstanding academic qualification (France strongly preferred)
• Minimum 8 years of legal experience (with a significant amount of time spent at a law firm) as a transactional attorney, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions
• Excellent English language skills that include the ability to draft and negotiate contracts
• Hands-on project management experience, including excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments
• Sound and practical business judgment as well as common sense
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• A team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization
• Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top