Amazon Web Services (AWS) is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and more.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to support the AWS France sales and marketing teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working on a wide range of legal issues such as drafting, negotiating and advising on various agreements including strategic technology service agreements, partnerships, consultancy agreements, as well as providing legal support for local and regional services, initiatives, and regulatory issues. The candidate will cover a broad range of legal areas, including commercial, digital, GDPR/privacy, litigation, etc. The role involves close engagement with several AWS teams such as sales & marketing, tech, public policy, public relations, as well as exposure to the AWS EMEA and US teams.
We are looking for candidates who are innovative, curious and eager to learn, hands-on, and highly customer-obsessed professionals. Developing innovative solutions to better serve our customers and clients is part of our daily business.
This role will be based in La Défense, France. Some travel may be required.
• Exceptional academic qualifications
• Admitted to practice as an attorney (France strongly preferred)
• Significant post-qualification legal experience (5+ years), ideally with at least 4 years in private practice
• Strong transactional experience, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
• Knowledge of contracting laws, rules, and regulations in France
• Professional level fluency in French and English (written and spoken)
• Experience with IT transactions, including technology service and licensing agreements
• Familiarity with cloud computing services, outsourcing and telecommunications
• In-house experience at a technology company or in a private practice technology group
• High degree of independence, initiative, decisiveness and creative thinking, as well as a desire to be challenged
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be a partner to business stakeholders
• Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
• Great business judgment
• Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.