Legal Corporate Counsel
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. Like everyone at Amazon, we are passionate about our customers.
Amazon is looking for a talented Corporate Counsel to support our Corporate Procurement business and EU Processes. As Corporate Counsel, you will be responsible for supporting the business on a broad range of commercial matters and required to structure, draft and negotiate commercial transactions. You will work directly with business teams, providing day-to-day advice, serving as lead counsel on new strategic deals and resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, while also handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
The position is based at our European headquarters in Luxembourg. Some travel may be required.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
• Outstanding academic qualifications.
• Over 5 years post-qualification legal experience at a law firm and/or a successful transactional background, including extensive commercial and/or retail experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to act as a business partner to senior management.
• Good organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
• Excellent English, both spoken and written.
• Team player who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
• Good degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness but also desire to be challenged and think outside the box.
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.
Back to top