Leave & Accommodation Manager
This role will be required to work on site at our upcoming corporate location in Downtown Las Vegas, NV. This is not a remote opportunity.
Amazon's Leave of Absence & Accommodation (LOAA) team in the HR Services organization is building a best-in-class case management program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees across the U.S.
The LOAA Manager provides case management for all types of leave of absence and disability life events. The LOAA Manager is highly skilled in answering questions, understanding the employee's situation, applying the appropriate benefits, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and paves the way for a connected and trusted case management experience. Ambassadors are the single point of contact for an employee throughout an entire leave of absence or disability event.
- Initiate and respond to inquiries about leave and disability events, benefits, and options available to employees
- Serve as a point of contact for assigned employees (150 – 200 employee cases) to provide holistic case management services, including reviewing medical documentation to adjudicate leaves in compliance with the corresponding leave plans, federal and state laws and benefit plans as defined by Amazon
- Leverage duration guidelines, best practice tools and Amazon resources to support oversight of a leave event as appropriate
- Critically assess and adjust the case management plan to an employee's changing needs
- Address and respond to sensitive situations
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after a leave event
- Respond to employee impacting issues that may arise during the leave event and ensure the right communication occurs
- Identify and solve problems that may arise, sometimes with limited information
- Facilitate a smooth return to work and ramp-back plan for employees returning to the workplace
- Educate managers and business partners on employee concerns and needs prior to being off or returning back to work
- Communicate regular updates to employees and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Ensure compliance with standard work, federal/state regulations, and company policy
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
- Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrator, HR, Safety, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, team members and other departments/systems as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- Minimum 6 years related experience:
- 5 years of experience as a leave of absence and/or disability claim manager, with experience using a case management system, reviewing cases for eligibility, determining the appropriate leave and/or disability pay benefits that apply to a specific situation, and establishing/executing a case management plan.
- 1 year of team lead or supervisory experience, or serving in a team specialist or leadership role
- Experience supervising customer service representatives or case managers in a related program
- Knowledge of federal or state leave and disability regulations, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA
- Experience providing guidance to employees or managers on leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or complex employee matter
- Experience working with confidential information
- Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
- SPHR, PHR, or CPDM certifications, or equivalent
- Experience providing case management services for a large, multi-state employer or on behalf of a carrier/TPA with clients in multiple states
- Experience with global service and employee delivery
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Strong problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top