Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon operates a world-class network of large, technologically advanced fulfillment centers across North America. The rapid growth of Amazon's retail and Fulfillment by Amazon businesses requires continued expansion of the network on the largest scale of any other user in the US. Our growth in the years ahead will continue to be historic.
The successful candidate will be a key part of the North America Operations (NA Ops) Real Estate team and will be responsible for creating and maintaining all lease administration functions to support the existing and expanded fulfillment center network throughout North America. This role will own assisting with review, execution, distribution of all lease documentation; management of the lease database in Sequentra (software platform); accuracy of rent processing; review of operating expenses; support of operating expense audits with a professional auditor.
The right candidate will demonstrate a senior level of competence performing a full range of lease administration functions in an extremely fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
The role will be based in Nashville, TN at the corporate office campus.
• Review of lease related documentation and abstraction of critical information including rent and other financial obligations.
• Tracking of Lease, renewal and amendment rent commencements along with new location launches
• Transmittal of leases and related documents into a commercial software application.
• Management of the commercial lease administration software application.
• Monthly review, auditing and processing of leasing monetary/rent obligations in line with internal Spend & Transaction Policies.
• Execution and administration of Estoppels, NDAs, and other lease required documents.
• Serving as a primary contact to Amazon Legal and outside legal counsel.
• Establishing new landlords in internal and external systems: all processing of forms and ticketing.
• Establishing and maintaining accurate banking information for all new and current landlords within internal and external systems.
• Establishing new locations in all internal and external systems.
• Receiving, reviewing and reconciling of monthly statements via team alias.
• Responding to all inquiries via team alias.
• Receiving all incoming mail for Ops and routing appropriately.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of experience in commercial lease administration for a real estate company or 6 months of experience at Amazon in lease administration on a real estate team
• Experience and competence utilizing commercial real estate software platforms
• Experience in Operational/CAM reconciliations, budget review and audit processes
• Familiarity with Oracle and Oracle queries
• Proficiency utilizing commercial real estate software platforms
• Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently while maintaining all deadlines and critical date obligations
• An excellent ability to communicate clearly, effectively
• An excellent ability to build trust among colleagues and service partners
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.