This role is with our AWS Outposts Operations team delivering a new way for Infrastructure to be delivered to our customers. AWS Outposts brings native AWS services, infrastructure, and operating models to virtually any data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility. Customers can now use the same AWS APIs, tools, and infrastructure across their on-premises and the AWS cloud to deliver a truly consistent hybrid experience. The provided AWS Outposts infrastructure is fully managed, maintained, and supported by AWS directly to deliver access to the latest AWS capabilities for our customers.
We are looking for a Learning Technologist to join our Outposts Operations Training and Development (T&D) team and develop solutions related to online learning programs. Success in this role requires you to be fluent in both learning design and emerging technologies. You will own investigating design approaches, evaluating technical feasibility, and bringing solutions to life through the development of prototypes, working samples, and functional components. In this role, you will continuously improve our T&D online learning programs using an array of creative approaches which drive productivity, innovation, and operational excellence.
Other responsibilities in this role include:
• Collaborating with learning experience designers to build online courses and modules using audio-visual and learning authoring tools.
• Working with subject matter experts, managers, and colleagues to design and develop learning materials.
• Creating learning content using live action video captures to composite post-production, VFX, multimedia interactives, software simulations, motion graphics, animated videos, user interfaces, photos and illustrations.
• Managing vendors sourced for video production as needed.
• Pursuing a deep understanding of learner roles to ensure that learning solutions meet the needs of learners.
• Collaborating with product and UX teams on the features and functions needed to deliver innovative learning activities.
• May be required to work outside working hours, which may include nights and/or weekends (on a rotational basis) in support of client scheduling and/or time-sensitive escalations
• Willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time, domestic and/or internationally. - You will be required to travel between locations to coordinate training events for technicians on installation, service, and retrieval of AWS equipment.
• 3+ years of experience in designing online instructional activities to support adult learners in eLearning.
• 2+ years of experience with online course authoring technologies such as Rise, Captivate, Storyline, and Camtasia
• 1+ year experience in creating and compositing live action video recordings.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 2+ years project management experience that includes planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and delivering results.
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Instructional Design, Education Technology, visual design, or related field.
• Experience working in a cross-functional team.
• 5+ years' experience, in the field of instructional design, including significant experience in designing and delivering e-learning solutions to large organizations.
• 1+ year of experience administering Learning Management Systems like Cornerstone (Amazon's current system).
• 4+ years' experience designing and developing online audio-visual instructional activities to support adult learners.
• Knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design best practices; demonstrated experience applying this knowledge to distill complex concepts into intuitive and engaging experiences.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication, including ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and levels of the organization.
• Advanced experience in learner-focused design and learning technologies, such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, GoAnimate, or Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects); ability to quickly learn and integrate new technologies.
• Proven web development experience across multiple devices and browsers.
• Advanced experience designing for blended and virtual learning experiences.
• Solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and delivering results.
• Experience collaborating with multiple leaders, SMEs, front-line managers, and frontline employees.
• A work sample demonstrating your experience and skill using course authoring tools and instructional design theory will be required as part of the interview process.
• Demonstrated proficiency in assessing training effectiveness and ROI to managers, leaders, and business partners.
• Experience using video editing tools (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Camtasia, Animate, Cinema4D or similar)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .