Learning Experience Designer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Ads is hiring! This role is based in either Seattle or New York
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutionsincluding sponsored, display, video, and custom adsleverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
The future of our business is compelling, and we are focused on building a robust, innovative business enabling advertisers of all sizes to engage with customers in relevant and engaging ways. We can reach customers on Amazon properties on both desktop and mobile, as well as across other sites and mobile apps. We are able to deliver solutions that range from standard search advertising to highly customized campaigns.
We are looking for a learning experience designer to develop training for customers who use our advertising solutions. The learning experience designer plays a key role in increasing the knowledge, proficiency, and success of advertisers.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a number of projects in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The candidate will have experience developing training across multiple modalities and formats, which include elearning, instructor and virtual instructor led assets to support our global audience. This individual should be a creative problem solver who is meticulous, customer-obsessed, and leads by example. They must also be willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done while insisting on the highest standards.
We are looking for an experienced training professional to partner with sales leadership and subject matter experts to build, iterate and execute training development. These responsibilities could include, and are not limited to:
a) Analyze and translate business needs into a product learning curriculum
b) Build and deliver innovative training that is easily applied across elearning, in-person and virtual instructor-led modalities
c) Design and develop online learning materials, including learning objectives, content and assessment tools
d) Ensure adult learning principles and systematic instructional design are applied to create the required learning solutions and programs used to create learning content that best fits the needs of the learner (includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning content)
e) Work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across Amazon Advertising to understand the training needs and build effective training that leverage the latest technology and adult learning concepts
f) Use project management tools and skills to manage medium to large-scale content development projects. Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and mitigate risks to eliminate potential roadblocks in the design, development and implementation of training
g) Assess the impact of training and measure knowledge retention
h) Master training software and learning systems to deliver training and report on training effectiveness, iterating on content and delivery as needed
i) Manage training logistics, including scheduling conference rooms, meeting requests, and ordering catering
• 3+ years direct experience in designing and developing training materials and content to include online/e-learning modules, instructor-led materials, job aids, online tutorials, multimedia products (video, graphic, audio), and other training materials
• 3+ years of experience using video editing tools and eLearning development software (Evolve, Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Final Cut, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Camtasia or similar).
• 3+ years of experience using data collection, research, and analysis to evaluate project outcomes and improve individual and organizational performance
• 3+ years of experience leveraging learning management systems and/or other content delivery platforms (e.g., publishing and managing courseware)
• 3+ years of proficient program management experience with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 1+ year experience partnering with and presenting to executives, business leaders and stakeholders
• Well versed in adult learning methodologies and able to evaluate learning effectiveness using instructional design assessment strategies
• 2+ years of experience in, and firm understanding of, digital advertising
• BA or BS degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Learning and Development, or other relevant field
• Master's degree in Adult Learning, Training & Development or a related field
• 2+ years experience working within global companies and within global sales training/enablement organizations
• Robust presentation and facilitation skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top