Leadership Development, Content Editor
Are you customer obsessed, flexible, analytical, an exceptional writer, and someone with a passion to help leaders learn and develop? If so, the Talent Management/Leadership Development team would like to hear from you! We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative Leadership Development Content Editor to revolutionize the learning experience for 35K+ managers and executives at Amazon. This Content Editor will own the creation of highly visible learning collateral to accelerate onboarding, learning, and growth of our leaders. You must think first from the customer's perspective, set relentlessly high standards for yourself, and deliver an outstanding customer experience. You will work side-by-side with Instructional Designers, Leadership and Development experts, and Program Managers to create engaging, durable, high quality content that excites and delights our customers.
This role is based in Seattle, Washington.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Effectively manage several complex projects simultaneously
- Use project management skills to support business change, ensuring content meets a high bar for quality and is delivered on time
- Collaborate with partner teams to ensure external and internal content is effective and meets strategic goals
- Use superior writing skills and extraordinary attention to detail to write using the voice of Amazon
- Use sound business judgment to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances, balancing advocacy with a bias for action.
- Build knowledge using clear, concise, and user-focused content
- Identify opportunities to improve content development processes and tools and drive team improvements autonomously
- Enable our internal customers to easily discover content by creating best practices in keyword assignment and building an intuitive taxonomy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualifications/experience
- 5+ years of related professional experience (e.g. online content creation role)
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience with content authoring tools
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong verbal and written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel while insisting on the highest standards
- Experience leading a team of writers or editors
- Experience working with global stakeholders on complex changes
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top