Leader, Solution Architecture, Private Equity
- New York, NY
Location options: Open to any AWS hub location (New York, Herndon, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Austin, Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. This role will support the Private Equity business development team in the Americas. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with Business Development and Sales, you will drive platform adoption and revenue growth across a broad set of Private Equity-backed customers, and will be a key contributor to shaping the PE strategy for AWS.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues, customers and partners embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, professional services, and representing your team to executive management. This role will be responsible for a team of senior Solution Architects. As their leader you must be passionate about developing these professionals and working to continue their career advancements and growth.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for identifying, educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of a technology architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions with customers as well as mentor your team.
Roles and Responsibilities
• As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on AWS.
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources.
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community.
• Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
• Build deep relationships with decision makers within Private Equity firms and customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates"
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
• 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience working directly with customers and managing teams that work with customers in either a pre-sales, sales, post-sales or customer support function.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Strong written communication skills.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• 5+ years management of technical customer-facing resources.
• Experience working with PE firms and related investment and ROI strategies.
• History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or startups.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS Experience using analytics and big data related technologies to refactor legacy on-premise workloads into native cloud architectures
Back to top