Leader of Leaders, Solutions Architecture - US - Northeast Enterprise Verticals, Financial Services
- New York, NY
As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a Leader of Leaders to own and scale out our Enterprise customer segment in the Northeast.
You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will enable business outcomes across a broad set of customers.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills.
You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise and mid-market customers.
• Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions, business-IT transformations, or relevant consulting experience. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of a Solutions Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Engage with customers and key AWS business partners such as professional services, partners, support, and the services teams.
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
• Educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates"
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
• 7+ years sales, technical pre-sales, product development, or customer facing resources
• 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, application development, and networking
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Executives and/or Developers
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Open to travel up to 30%.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top