Leader, AMS Software Development
- Seattle, WA
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into "the Cloud".
The leader in this role will be responsible for the definition and delivery of an AWS Managed Service offering. They will successfully lead and grow multiple development teams, partner with several AWS Service Teams, and evaluate the competitive landscape to deliver in this growing space.
As a technology leader in AWS Managed Services, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies, driving impactful change across the full breadth of AWS services. Reiterating this point, the leader in this highly visible role will be expected to have excellent communication and negotiation skills. AWS Managed Services provides deep technical feedback, drives roadmap impacting change, and surfaces CEO-level opportunities for growth by partnering with cross-AWS leadership. You will be surrounded by leaders that created and innovated upon cloud computing, know and understand the enterprise-focused nuances, and are motivated to lead industry-wide change for Managed Services.
The leader in this role will be diligent in growing leaders. Fostering talent and building a cohesive culture is a trait within AMS, and the leader in this role will be adept in this art. Additional responsibilities include:
• Define and drive the multi-year vision for your team
• Drive project initiatives to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, incorporate in new technologies as appropriate.
• Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across various AWS service teams such as EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift etc and influence product development across AWS
• Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
• Using Agile project management methodologies provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) that leverage Object Oriented design (OOD), distributed programming and Java.
• Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
• Build a team culture that values delivering customer value quickly, and iteratively
• Oversee resource allocation to ensure appropriate business and staff development goals are met.
• Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business with team, leadership chain, and with customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent years of experience
• 9+ years of software development experience, including experience building enterprise focused solutions
• 4+ years of people management experience including 2+ years of experience as an group manager over multiple Software Development Managers
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Past experience in at least one of the following areas Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Text Analysis or Machine Learning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software with a focus on customer value
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top