Leader, 3P Marketplace Growth - BISS
The Business-to-Business industry is in a state of change. B2B customers who are accustomed to buying on Amazon for their personal needs now expect that same kind of customer experience in the world of B2B buying. In BISS (Business, Scientific and Industrial Supply) our goal is nothing short of supplying everything needed to rebuild civilization and giving businesses the same superior customer experience that Amazon has given to consumers.
We are seeking a leader who will is very entrepreneurial and excited about launching new businesses. In this role you will be responsible for building & managing new business lines in Amazon's Third Party Marketplace in some of our key business lines in BISS.
In this role you would take on the fascinating challenge of building 2-sided marketplaces with sellers and buyers which will involve a significant amount of program and product management. Furthermore, you will interface with Legal, Finance, Marketing, Merchant Technologies, and other seller business management and support teams in order to create a high-quality experience for customers and sellers.
This leader will also interface with strategic accounts to grow the Marketplace business and drive better selection, quality, and operational performance. The leader will own prioritization of category and brand opportunities, maximizing growth and ensuring category-specific profitability goals are met as well as being an advocate for the merchant in category planning.
This is a key leadership position on the BISS team and we need someone to have a strong focus on sellers, customers and data to drive tremendous growth by orchestrating multiple workstreams and diving deep to understand seller & customer needs. We expect you to be a leader beyond your respective function to help define and drive projects to position the business for long term growth.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- A strong background (6+ years with Bachelor) in product and channel management is required along with related business experience
- Excellent analytical and data-mining aptitude, coupled with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to create innovative new programs that generate results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record collaborating successfully with internal and external partners
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to deal with ambiguous problems.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Experience in the chemicals industry and its distribution channels is a plus
- Track record of launching new businesses in a startup environment or within a large organization
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus but not necessary
- Demonstrated experience in successfully influencing several stakeholders without a line of reporting towards a common goal
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top