Lead Software Development Engineer in Test, Amazon Game Studios
We believe that games will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our beliefs, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you'll have the power of Amazon Web Services' cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators. At TwitchCon we revealed some of our new projects to the world: https://games.amazon.com/games.
Amazon Game Studios is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test with talent and expertise in services and network testing, building tools/automation, and performing white box testing. This is a full time software engineering role that developers with Test or Tools development experience will excel in. The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with artists and game designers, enjoys finishing projects, and obsesses about the quality of the game constantly. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited by "that's not how we do things here." You'll have an opportunity to work on game experiences that push the boundaries of technology. You'll have a tangible impact on our games, our business and -- most importantly -- our customers. And you'll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
- Define and create the automated test framework and toolset across multiple studios for PC game titles.
- Provide expert feedback to development teams to ensure testability and mitigate risk.
- Identify, investigate, and propose test solutions for game services and technical features.
- Lead a group of engineers in best practices and software development methodologies
Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience, including at least three years of hands-on engineering and 2 years as a manager
- Experience in devising and executing test solutions for game services and technical features, especially with regards to load, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- Experience working with, customizing, and extending test automation frameworks.
- Talent and expertise in white box testing.
- Knowledge of test methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, build systems, and the product development cycle.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication, with the ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and report results.
- Proven methods to increase engineering groups productivity and scope of influence.
- Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire a team and grow team members
- Game development experience demonstrable across 1-2 product lifecycles.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
- Experience with sampling and instrumented performance profiling tools.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Experience working with remote teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top