Lead Software Development Engineer - Full Stack, Advertising
- New York, NY
We are open to this role sitting in NYC or Toronto!
Want to work on one of Amazon's fastest growing advertising businesses? Are you a full stack software engineer with stellar experience in leading a team to deliver state-of-the art solutions used by thousands of customers? Do you enjoy working with product leaders, scientists and rock-stars engineers to deliver ML powered software solutions that delight customers? if so, we would love to hear from you.
About Amazon Advertising:
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
About our team:
Sponsored Display is Amazon Advertising's first self-service display advertising offering. With the introduction of Sponsored Display, any advertiser regardless of budget size, advertising experience, or technical expertise, can set up display campaigns to run on key placements across Amazon retail website and apps, devices (Kindle, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, Echo), third party websites (e.g. nytimes.com) and mobile apps.
As a startup product within Amazon Advertising, our team is highly nimble, moving quickly to release new features and capabilities. We also work cross-functionally to evangelize our offering internally and externally and educate the market on the value of Sponsored Display. As a start up product within Amazon Advertising, our team is highly nimble, moving quickly to release new features and capabilities.
About the role:
We are building a new team and we are looking for a lead engineer who is excited about solving challenging engineering problems and not afraid to dive deep and define product technical strategy and architecture. In this role you will partner with product leaders, scientists and your peers to design, implement and launch new advertising features that spans our entire stack from backend ML models, big data analytics, databases to APIs and UI . You will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees.
This is a unique opportunity to stand at the intersection of e-commerce, advertising and state-of-the-art ML techniques.
• Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture
• Develop features and solution that span the full advertising stack, UX, API, Ad serving, ML modeling and Targeting.
• Evaluate and make decisions about the use of new or existing software products and tools.
• Apply big data technologies (Spark, PySpark, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc)
• Have unique exposure to technologies used in Display / advertising / E-commerce platforms
• Work closely with our data-science and product managers to design experiments with machine learning / deep learning techniques to improve predictive models and infrastructure and implement end-to-end solutions
• Establish the best processes and drive improvements in design, development and operations
• Mentor and guide junior engineers on design, coding, troubleshooting and operational excellence
• Be a member of the Amazon-wide Software Development Community, participating in internal and external MeetUps, Hackathons and Conferences
Will consider candidates in New York or Toronto.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 1+ years of public cloud experience (AWS, Azure or GCP)
• Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under Linux, web services and data mining systems
• Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
• Master's degree in a computer science related field
• Online display advertising industry experience
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive.
• Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hadoop, Dynamo, Lambda, ElasticSearch or related technologies.
• Agile development (SCRUM, Kanban) environment
• E2E Experience delivering contextually targeted Advertising products.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top