Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Solutions Design Team is searching for an innovative and solutions oriented engineer to help design our next generation Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FCs). A successful candidate will have a passion for creating high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, the ability to effectively communicate with and influence decision-makers at all levels and an internal motivation to deliver results in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. Amazon Robotics culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
The Solutions Design Team is not only responsible for analyzing and optimizing existing Robotic FC performance, but combining those learnings with the latest technologies to design new state of the art robotic material handling systems. The day to day responsibilities include:
• Evaluate and create physical processing and material handling solutions using cutting edge technology, robotics and data analytics to meet the product flow requirements based on Amazon design principles.
• Identify and analyze key operational and financial metrics as part of program and feature selection in order to drive smart decisions.
• Coordinate with systems and operations engineering teams to develop product features and optimize the performance of the FCs.
• Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Develop models as required to solve complex problems.
Starting Total Compensation Target for this role is $189,700
• Master's degree in engineering, operations, or a related field
• 6+ years of experience as an industrial engineer, process engineer, systems engineer, manufacturing engineer, project manager or related occupation.
• Experience using MS Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD and commercial off the shelf technologies such as Tableau, SQL, etc.
• Experience working with the designs of complex automated material handling equipment and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
• Demonstrated use of analytical skills to solve complex engineering problems
• Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 140,000- 160,000[yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.