Lead BD for International Public Sector AWS Transformation - AMER (fluency in Spanish req'd)
- Sunnyvale, CA
This position can reside anywhere within the contiguous United States.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) in international public sector markets? Can you deliver results through the whole cycle of AWS deployment from business planning, workload assessment through to program management of complex installations around the world? Are you passionate about the public sector (government, education, and non-profits)?
As a Principal on the Government Transformation team, you will work closely with the corporate Infrastructure teams to lead our international business approach to new infrastructure planning. You will take opportunities and work with internal sales leaders and cross-domain functional teams (e.g., infrastructure, services, finance, public policy, legal, tax, etc.) to develop our infrastructure expansion priorities and business cases for new infrastructure initiatives globally. You will lead the go to market approach for Government Workload Assessments (GWA), helping governments and public sector organizations identify savings and efficiencies as they move to the cloud. You'll also lead the World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) development of Amazon Dedicated Cloud opportunities. You will gain a detailed understanding of our customers' business and technical requirements, and collaborate with internal development teams to guide the direction of our current and future product offerings.
The successful candidate must be a credible specialist engaging with very high level customers and internal colleagues. You'll be a master of the detail of a business case and be able to think strategically to enable our future plans to help customers accelerate their move to the cloud. The ability to deliver a successful go to market approach for GWAs and accelerate our customers' migration programs is critical. You'll need to be able to work well with dispersed remote project delivery teams and demanding, secure government customers. A deep knowledge of the technology of our infrastructure, sound business planning experience and the ability to engage with and support our customers as they transform is a must. Quickly earning trust with a variety of team members, stakeholders and customers across multiple time zones is essential for success. You will need to quickly eliminate non-value-add activities, design solutions, remove blockers, and find creative ways to accelerate adoption.
Requires 40% domestic and international travel to support new projects.
• To design and drive programmatic efforts with the global sales, business development, and government relations teams to accelerate customer adoption of AWS services.
• To deliver government workload assessment analysis and reporting value across the WWPS customer base.
• To develop and lead the WWPS regional approach to building and managing Amazon Dedicated Cloud opportunities.
• To work collaboratively and transparently with senior sales leaders to ensure alignment between core business priorities and go to market and product development activities.
• To identify, define, and drive strategic initiatives globally, by working with a broad set of functional teams across Amazon Web Services, including sales, capture, legal, public policy, finance, security and compliance, services and infrastructure.
• To coordinate and deliver content for senior management business reviews.
• To establish goals, plans, and metrics to track progress to achieve program objectives.
• To research global customer requirements, markets, competitors, and environments and use this to form and validate infrastructure expansion initiatives.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 8+ years of IT sales, channel business development and program management experience.
• 5+ years of experience working with public sector customers (government, education & non-profit)
• Fluent in Spanish language
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Master's degree in technology, business, finance, economics or economic development
• Executive CxO level briefing experience.
• Experience in production of international expansion business cases.
• International corporate development experience.
• Track record of consistently exceeding performance metrics.
• Demonstrated ability to create and drive successful broad scale programs.
• Strong written and presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
• Management or technical consulting experience.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top