Lead Architect, WWPS
- Gurgaon, India
Are you a highly creative problem solver that works to inspire, motivate, and define cutting edge solutions? Are you a deeply technical generalist that can adapt quickly to new situations, identify opportunity, and build capabilities? Are you able to speak both the language of business and the language of technology?
At Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL), we're hiring Lead Architects as trusted advisors to our business development (BD) leaders. Lead Architects partner closely with BD leaders to drive the strategic technology capabilities that deliver long-term value for customers. Lead Architects work across a global community of peers to identify common customer experiences; bring innovative thinking to customer challenges; advocate within AISPL for our customers; and inspire, motivate, and inform technical field teams. Lead Architects Think Big, and they engage internally to AWS and externally with industry to advance the needs of our customers in India.
• Evangelize Amazon's Culture of Innovation
• Identify, synthesize, capture, and share common customer patterns
• Partner with customer tech leaders, including CIOs and CTOs
• Serve as the AWS executive technical sponsor for strategic customer initiatives
• Drive technical capabilities aligned to business strategy
• Guide customers on their cloud journey
• Participate in industry events
• Contribute to and help publish content that supports scale, standardization, and repeatability
• Understand and participate in Public Sector acquisition activities, including technical guidance and demonstrations
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent experience
• 10+ years in a technology-related leadership/executive position, preferably supporting public sector
• Broad technology knowledge and capability in solution design and implementation strategies.
• Breadth and depth across multiple technology domains (e.g., compute, storage, networking, data/analytics, ML)
• A career demonstrating an increase in responsibility
• An ability to influence non-technical and technical executives
• Experience collaborating with sales, client account management, or relevant customer experience
• Ability to influence and guide strategic thinking and be perceived as trusted advisor
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Hands on experience with AWS services
• Experience as a Chief Technology Officer, Chief Engineer, or Chief Architect
• Experience with application and infrastructure services
• Experience influencing new feature creation in a matrix organization
• Experience contributing to cost benefit analysis efforts.
• Experience working with global technology teams and IT infrastructure
• Established C-level relationships throughout one or more industries
• Established voice via blogs, books, presentations, or other thought leadership activities
Back to top