Launch Leader/Project Manager-High Volume Staffing
- Position open to any virtual location in US*
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven leaders. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything on-line, this is your chance to make history and be intimately involved in growing our business by leading and supporting new building growth.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative leader who will enable this growth through implementation and support of our high volume-hiring platform. Key to this mission is strategic, large-scale project management initiatives that will allow us to scale our organization for the future in a dramatic way. This role is both a strategic and hands-on leadership role, currently on our Workforce Staffing Team, supporting network wide growth of our Amazon Sortation Centers by initially functioning as a critical 'Staffing Specialist/ Launch Leader' focused on high volume hourly staffing.
- Are you passionate about developing and preserving a positive relationship with candidates?
- Does the development and delivery of exceptional training programs, which create staffing expertise in operations, excite you?
- Do you believe that automation trumps manual processes every time.
- Can you "think big" in the creation of processes and tools that are designed for global, long-term use?
Successful candidates will demonstrate and be responsible for some of the following:
- Create and drive innovative and scalable system, process and selection mechanisms to support our high volume hiring growth.
- This role needs a leader that is exceptional at developing and driving critical people initiatives, large projects and providing great internal stakeholder and candidate customer support.
- Driving network HR and Recruiting functional process excellence.
- Design scalable new site launch processes to address both selection and recruitment challenges.
- Support large scale recruitment events such as job fairs, direct hire events and other community events at new site locations.
- Report and follow up on metrics for all recruiting activities (non-exempt) for each member of the team.
- Provide metrics inputs to various reporting decks; communicate key performance indicators to Sortation Centers in support of staffing objectives.
- Lead and participate in our team efforts of driving and developing standard work through creating scalable, repeatable processes and platforms to successfully launch our buildings in a consistent fashion.
- Serve as a critical mentor and influencer of a cross functional group of Sr operations and HR leadership, also serving as a liaison between Centralized Sourcing/Funnel Management teams and field based Workforce Staffing and Operations Leadership/HR teams.
- 3+ years of large scale project management experience, with a focus on continuous improvement, lean principles and process standardization
- 5+ years' previous Staffing or Human Resources with a focus in high volume hiring or staffing initiatives
- Completed Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited University
- Ability to multi task and manage your workload in a rapidly changing environment
- MS Office Suite and strong analytical skill sets are required for the successful candidate
- Travel up to 50-75% to NASC locations is required
- Ability to work with all levels of associates and managers
- MBA strongly preferred
- Previous Staffing, HR or 24/7 operations experience
- Innovative, flexible and creative in recruiting efforts
- Strong internal customer service focus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top