Are you interested in helping grow one of Amazon's brick and mortar initiatives? Amazon Campus is a program offering college students new and innovative retail experiences through standalone Pickup Points on and near university campuses. We have launched 22 staffed locations to date with additional locations coming in 2017. We are looking for a strong Launch Leader to support our growing business!
As a Launch Leader, you will own the development and management of project plans, ensuring all activities are completed on a timely basis with the highest standards, and that all workstream owners are meeting their predetermined milestones. You are a cross-functional coordination wizard! You will work closely with the business, operations, construction and technical teams on many non-standard and unique business problems to deliver actionable output. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and comfort working in a fast-paced environment. This role requires an individual with excellent communication who can dig into details and problem solve. In this role, you will have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Experience making scope/schedule/resources (including budget) trade-off decisions with little or no guidance.
- Ability to balance requirements with various constraints
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of plans, tools, and techniques to enable rapid, high-quality, efficient implementation of the program
- Create and maintain a cohesive, coordinated plan to deliver our physical locations
- Collaborate and partner across the organization to develop best practices for your function and advocate for improvements in enterprise-wide tools
- Own the identification and resolution of cross-functional issues that impede schedules, develop plans and strategies to mitigate schedule and service quality risks, document and escalate business concerns in the project status reports via communications with other key stakeholders
- Ensure that business priorities and IT capabilities (technology and resources) are aligned
- Comfortable presenting your findings to large groups, both internally and externally
- Have understanding of business objectives, continually align your work with those objectives and seek to deliver business value
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate and build consensus with various internal and external groups and senior leaders.
- Bachelor degree in business, Industrial & Systems Engineering or similar field with analytical bias
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in large scale project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills ·
- Experience leading innovation and transformational change in large, technical organizations
- Work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top