- Mumbai, India
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated Language Engineer with strong linguistic background and technical skills to help us develop language components for a variety of the AWS products. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of linguistics as well as natural language processing experience or background in computational linguistics.
The AI Data Team at AWS is responsible for delivering high quality training data to ensure the best performance of the AWS machine translation and machine learning systems. Our goal is to produce the highest quality training data in the industry and to delight our customers by improving human language understanding and natural language processing.
In this role you will:
• Manage and process large amounts of linguistic data.
• Design quality control metrics and methodology.
• Collaborate with other Language Engineers and Applied Scientists in defining metrics, guidelines, and workflows.
• Use existing language processing tools to bootstrap and process data.
• Develop scripts and tools to crawl and process data.
• Oversee the quality of translation, post-editing, and linguistic annotation.
• Advocate strict adherence to annotation guidelines.
• Master's degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, or a related field.
• Five years' experience in the field.
• Experience with one (or more) functional programming languages such as Python, Perl, C++.
• Background in NLP/NLU/Machine Translation.
• Native or near-native fluency in Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Japanese, Korean or other languages.
• Experience with language annotation and other forms of data markup.
• Excellent communication, strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative and dynamic work environment.
• Willingness to support several projects at a time and to accept reprioritization as necessary.
• PhD in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, or a relevant field.
• Practical knowledge of version control systems such as GitHub.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top