Language Data Specialist
Interested in Amazon Echo? We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Amazon is seeking a Data Specialist to join our data team as a leader and domain expert. This role focuses on expanding analysis and evaluation of speech and interaction data deliverables. The Data Specialist will become an expert in dialog evaluation processes, work closely with a team of skilled analysts, and be a key member in developing new conventions for relevant workflows. In addition, the Data Specialist will be asked to handle unique data analysis requests that support the overall processing of a data collection and analysis team.
The Data Specialist must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. Specifically, the Data Specialist will:
- Handle unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers, including quantitative and qualitative analyses to elevate customer experience with speech interfaces
- Lead and evaluate changing dialog evaluation conventions, test tooling developments, and pilot processes to support expansion to new data areas
- Continuously evaluate workflow tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
- Provide day-to-day expert support for a large and growing team of data analysts
- Provide key support for on-going and new data collection efforts
- Master's degree in a related field, such as Linguistics, Computer-Mediated Communication, Language Psychology, etc.
- 3+ years experience working with data analysis
- Experience with process design and documentation
- Experience communicating research findings and analysis in both written and spoken channels
- Experience working with speech and/or language data
- Proficiency in scripting, querying and/or analytics tools: linux, R, SAS, or similar tool
- Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
- Comfortable handling a high volume of work on a daily basis
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional level of organization
- Experience taking a lead role on large, fast-moving projects
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude
- PhD in a relevant field
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top