Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Amazon Fire OS team is looking for a Device Lab Engineer to help and own the lab's current capabilities and its growth's strategic planning. The successful candidate will be obsessed with quality improvement, help to generate and collect data to increase operational efficiency.
Responsibilities include maintaining all aspects of the Fire OS device labs, supports spaces and equipment resources, including hardware and software, update all lab infrastructure, equipment, and software configurations. Ensure availability of test equipment and parts. Understanding customer use cases, strong device/system troubleshooting skills down to component and software levels. Organize and maintain stock of critical test equipment, third party devices, prototype devices for troubleshooting and debug.
You will work directly with development teams, test automation engineers, and peer QA teams to iteratively improve our software development process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a Consumer Electronics lab environment
- 1+ years of project management experience including resource planning, managing schedules, reporting project status and prioritizing own tasks and those of other team members for multiple projects
- Knowledge of SQA methodology and tools
- Experience with embedded systems, consumer devices, or mobile apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with development engineering and other functions
- Superior analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- A basic understanding of network troubleshooting
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top