At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering millions of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world.
Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to partner closely with a broad range of leaders across Operations, HR, Capacity Planning, and FP&A. The role focuses on continuous improvement across internal and external stakeholders to define, design and maintain performance measurements, reporting and reviews. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to identify high priority projects to improve results and drive cost reductions with stakeholders, create new measures for business effectiveness, and enhance and scale existing tools and processes based on business needs.
A successful candidate effectively influences business partners, provides sound and thoughtful decision-making, and manages competing priorities in a quickly changing environment. The candidate should demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills as direct interaction with leadership is common.
• Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
• Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
• Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
• Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
• Experience working with Excel, SQL and other analytical tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.