Amazon Business gives organizations of all sizes access to hundreds of millions of products in a shopping experience built for businesses. The Amazon Business team is dedicated to developing solutions that combines the selection, convenience, and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits tailored to customers.
Account Representatives are responsible for both building and managing their book of business leveraging solution-selling, traditional and digital prospecting tactics, and supporting long-term strategic customer relationships following the initial prospect/onboarding and stabilization period. The primary areas of responsibility include prospecting, expert knowledge of features and products to create a personalized solution for each institution (feature adoption), and developing relationships with buying decision makers across functional areas such as Information Technology, Facilities, and more.
The Account Representative will ensure recommended solutions meet our customers' procurement needs and will recommend approaches and alternatives that fit their environment, including but not limited to contracting and competitive requirements unique to public institutions, eProcurement integration, advanced payment, and automated reconciliation processes. The candidate will work closely with customers to manage deployment and ensure that our solutions are successfully adopted.
The ideal candidate will have relevant consultative sales experience and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding program goals and revenue targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
Meet or exceed targets for customer acquisition and customer spend adoption.
Initiate prospecting and lead generation activities.
Assisting customers with registration and presenting registered customers with Amazon Business account tours.
Educating and networking with key prospect and customer contacts.
Relay market needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Product, Management, Technical and Category Management teams.
Drive customer satisfaction.
Work closely with marketing, merchandising, business development, customer service and other internal Amazon stakeholders.
This is an inside sales role.
• 3+ years sales experience.
• Excellent Business English
• Ability to prospect and build pipeline.
• Excellent communications skills with the ability to manage challenging conversations in a professional manner.
• Ability to work in fast-paced and evolving environment.
• Ability to take ownership of a territory and build a plan for success.
• Ability to prioritize and demonstrate discipline in exceeding goals.
• Ability to influence others and lead customer engagements via consultative and solution based selling.
• Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to roll-up your sleeves
• Expert use of MS Office Suite
• Salesforce.com experience
• Knowledge of procurement and source to pay methods
• BA/BS degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.