Come build the future with us.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking for Junior Payments Business Analyst, based in Berlin.
As one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world, Amazon processes billions of secure on-line transactions via a number of payment mechanisms, including credit cards, direct debit and electronic gift certificates. Transactions are processed on behalf of thousands of merchants, including Amazon.com. Amazon is known across the globe as the most trusted company on the Internet. We are committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
The Payments Services owns and maintains the software which processes 20+ payment methods worldwide. The Business Operations Team supports the larger Payments Services organization which includes software development, product management and technical operations. The Business Operations team is the first contact for payment transactional issues, receiving escalations from internal clients such as Customer Service, Finance, Accounting and Fraud as well as third party partners and banks relied upon to process payments. Additionally this team is responsible for driving operational efficiencies and escalation reduction opportunities. This team also manages the operational relationship with third party payment partners, advocating for customer experience and driving operational improvements.
The Payments Business Analyst is responsible for driving operational excellence across global payments product. In this role you will identify and drive to resolution payments issues impacting customers on a global scale. You will work to identify, execute, and drive projects with internal and external business partners to improve the Customer Payments Experience across Amazon. You will collaborate with teams across Amazon to improve business processes to increase operational efficiencies.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of Amazon's internal systems. He or she will be analytical in their decision making, with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Work in a deep area of coverage, routinely working on issues ranging from small to large number of customers impacted and driving root cause resolution with engineering teams and/or external partners.
• Manage operational workflows working with internal business teams in small to medium sized geographies or products.
• Identify and drive continuous improvement activities.
• Serves as escalation point for program / project team members. Owns, tracks, or escalates issues to ensure that they are addressed, documented, and resolved.
• Displays energy and initiative in solving problems. Will follow all possible avenues to get the job done, are proactive.
• Work requires creativity and judgment. Responsibilities include both routine and non-routine in nature and vary from day to day.
• Identify and evaluate potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from program managers. Consult, determine, and execute appropriate corrective action.
• Proactively drive customer experience and operational excellence for payment methods used by Amazon customers.
• Successfully build business requirements that technical teams use to implement projects you sponsor.
About our rewards
We'll expect you to go the extra mile, but we'll also make sure you're well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units we offer a host of other benefits.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you'll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application. Please apply online and upload your CV and a letter of motivation in English in one document (max. 5 MB).
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
For this position, we expect..
• Proficiency in German and English is a Must
• BA/BS degree
• Several years relevant experience in customer facing role
• Demonstrated superior written and oral communications skills with the ability to interact with internal customers and external partners in a professional manner
Further Qualifications would be a plus..
• Turkish Language proficiency
• French Language proficiency
• Italian Language proficiency
• Payments industry experience
• Proficiency with SQL, VBA, HTML
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Skilled in prioritization. Makes the right tradeoffs between schedule, resources, and scope in order to address major risks, challenges and obstacles.
• Data driven and can successfully obtain and use data to support arguments.
• Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact has been demonstrated.
• Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
• Candidate should possess superior customer service skills in dealing with users at all levels in a team environment.
• Excellent judgment and independent decision making skills.
• Proven ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for "part-time" in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.