Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and wondered how it got delivered to you so fast? Have you ever wondered how Amazon designs and plans its transportation network to scale and reliably delivers hundreds of millions of packages to customers' doorstep? Are you obsessed with building future network solutions and solving challenging problems? If so, the network planning team, within Amazon Japan Transportation department, is for you!
Amazon's Transportation department is seeking a highly skilled and passionate person to help develop a world-class transportation network that delivers products on time at the lowest cost to the customers. Our mission is to build the most efficient transportation solution on the planet. The position will be responsible for leading the Last Mile network planning and the transportation forecast creation to support the growth of Amazon in Japan.
As a transportation planning manager, you will be responsible to create the last mile transportation plan for a time horizon ranging from next 3 weeks to next 3 years. You will leverage in-house tools and combine data from various sources to recommend how to organize a quickly growing and changing last mile transportation network in the most optimal way. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team at the heart of Amazon operations, be part of one of the world's largest logistics operations and take decisions that have direct impact on millions of Amazon's customers.
The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insights and should have an internal drive to challenge the status quo. You would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, who enjoys working in a fast paced environment. Success in Network Planning does not only require excellent analytical skills, but also strong interpersonal and communication skills. Creating the transportation plan involves aligning different teams toward a single vision and timeline, which requires excellent stakeholder management capabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Create the last mile transportation plan for different time horizons, ranging from the next 3 weeks to the next 3 years.
• Define the optimal volume allocation among transportation carriers to support the growth of Amazon in Japan, in line with strategic goals.
• Coordinate and align with multiple internal teams (Finance, carrier management, Operations...) to deliver a single transportation plan under strict timelines during key planning cycles.
• Lead the last mile planning team, manage, coach and develop network planning analysts.
• Identify opportunities to optimize the Amazon transportation network, balancing delivery accuracy, speed and cost.
• Review planning processes and tools for continuous improvement. Communicate with other Amazon regions on a regular basis to leverage best practices and implement global planning tools.
• Leverage in-house tools and internal data to perform simulation analysis and assess the network behavior under different scenarios.
• Maintain accurate reporting on key metrics related to planning.
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/passivesmoking (Japanese only)
• Master's level degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Statistics, Engineering, Business management, Economics,Operations Research, or other Operations disciplines.
• 3+ years of professional experiences in Supply Chain / Transportation or related environment.
• Strong analytic skills and background working with numbers on a daily basis, with experience analyzing big data sets
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, able to extract and process data using SQL/Redshift
• Business level of English & Japanese (ability to lead meetings, communicate with stakeholders, read and write documents in both languages).
• 5+ years of experience in a forecasting/business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role.
• Familiarity with Transportation and Supply Chain management concepts especially forecasting, planning, network design & optimization - gained through work experience or education.
• Strong leadership skills and experience managing people
• Results-oriented, makes things happen, ability to move fast, innovate and simplify
• Details-oriented, self-motivated and strong sense of ownership for projects and plans.
• Recent experience in project management, handling multiple priorities, and working with varied stakeholders.
• Experience with VBA, R or Python.