JP Principal Marketing Manager, Consumer Marketing
- Tokyo, Japan
The JP consumer marketing organization is looking for a talented Principal Marketing Manager to join the mass advertising team (known as XCM). By developing and delivering mass advertising activities across the business (inc. Retail, Prime and Corporate Reputation), we build the most measurably effective, integrated marketing capability we can, so we can positively shift perceptions which build the Amazon brand, recruit customers and influence their behavior and grow our business. Our team includes strategy, campaign, media, analysis and creative.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Communications, the Principal Marketing Manager will be a strategic thinker with strong operational capabilities, responsible for several of the strategic marketing priorities in Japan. The successful candidate will lead a cross-functional team in order to execute compelling integrated marketing communication campaigns for events like Prime Day and New Year events, Prime brand activities and our other business priorities. Key stakeholders will include Media, Creative, Research and PR teams, as well as leaders across the wider business.
Short narrative on who we're looking for:
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Marketing Manager. We are looking for someone who is thrives in complex and fast-paced environments and can both individually design and execute focused mass communications activities, and lead cross-channel, cross-functional programs, often simultaneously. The successful candidate will need to be highly resourceful, customer focused, be able to dive into analytical detail and be able to extract strategic implications from that analysis, and have the ability to influence others, leading cross-functional teams with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Collaborate with local and international stakeholders to develop and execute compelling marketing strategies
- Align business objectives and key programs with key business stakeholders
- Source actionable insights to help develop stronger strategies and executional plans
• Lead cross functional teams to deliver integrated mass communications plans and media strategies, inc. bespoke activity for Japan and/or localization / adaptation of global campaigns.
- Partner with and manage (internal / external) creative teams for creative asset development and delivery across multiple media channels
- Coordinate executional specifics with cross functional teams (inc. deals team, legal, business etc.
- Work with measurement and insight teams to evaluate activities, building learnings for future activities
• Own process management, inc. key milestone and alignment meetings, from brief sign-off, creative reviews, media planning and full execution
• Build trustworthy relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure they are kept updated on the latest marketing trends and best practices relevant to our business
• Own high quality written documents, influencing business decisions up to VP leaders inside the company
• Manage multi-billion ¥ budgets to effectively achieve marketing objectives
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• 12+ years or relevant experience in integrated, marketing communications (inc. TV, OLV, radio, transit, digital). For example:
- Strategic marketing planning
- Brand management
- Campaign development
- Digital media (inc. SNS)
• Leadership of cross-functional teams
• Strong ability to communicate, present and influence within multiple levels of the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills (inc. Business English)
• Strong project management skills, coordinating activities across multiple teams
• Detail orientation and experience balancing multiple tasks and deadlines
• Understanding of marketing measurement methodologies
• Ability to maintain a high quality of work in a fast paced environment.Self-motivated and comfortable working autonomously with a strong sense of humor, patience, and a sharp mind.
Back to top